Zhengzhou Fsumar Machinery is a professional animal feed pellet machine manufacturer, this article will introduce the grass feed pellets for rabbits in detail.
Advantages Of Grass Feed Pellets
The advantages of compressing the compound feed containing grass powder into pellet feed mainly include the following four aspects.
- The nutrition of the feed is comprehensive and can avoid picky eating in rabbits. Maintain uniformity during storage and feeding, reducing feeding losses.
- In the pressing process, due to the combined effects of moisture, temperature and pressure, starch gelatinization, enzymatic activity enhancement, and structural forms of cellulose and fat have changed. The steam high-temperature sterilization reduces the possibility of feed corruption. Improved palatability, which can improve feed digestibility. In addition, some raw materials contain certain harmful substances or growth inhibitory factors. Such as anti-trypsin and prothrombin in legume seeds, which destroyed and detoxified during the molding process.
- The feed pellet volume is reduced, easy to package and transport, less hygroscopicity, improve storage stability. It can shorten the feeding time (1/3 of the powder). And reduce the warehouse, facilitate the storage, transportation mechanization, the loss of feed in the process, and save the cost. It is convenient to feed and easy to mechanize feeding management.
- During the storage and transportation process, the feed ingredients will not differentiate, and it is not easy to dust, reducing the natural loss of environmental pollution.
Processing Technology Of Grass Feed Pellet
- Forage grass mixed material and mixed powder pelletization process
(1) The compound feed added to the feeder, and water supplied from the water supply device or steam, aqueous solution, molasses, etc., and the raw material enters the animal feed pellet machine.
(2) Cooling the pellets just extruded, the temperature is generally between 50℃ and 80℃, and the water content is 16% to 18%. It is inconvenient to store and transport needs to cool and dry. Generally, when the temperature of the pellet lowered 11℃, the moisture content is decreased by about 1%. After cooling, the pellet temperature is generally 5℃ to 8℃higher than the room temperature, and the water content is about 14 %. So that the package can store and transport. The commonly used cooling facility is counter flow cooler.
- Using grass powder as the main raw material to produce pellet feed technology
The grass powder has a small bulk density (0.2~0.26T/m³), which is bulky and easy to produce dust. The grass powder has poor fluidity and is easy to agglomerate in the silo, requiring the design of the silo to reasonable or use a breaking device. The friction coefficient of grass powder is large, and the resistance between the raw material and the die hole is large during the pelletization process, so the die thickness and the aperture ratio of the animal feed pellet machine should moderate. According to the distribution ratio of the feeding object and the raw material, when the mold parameter is generally 40%~70%, the diameter of the die hole is 6~10 mm. And the moisture content of the cold water granulation raw material should 25%~30%.
Grass Feed Pellet Quality Requirements
The pellet feed can divide into hard pellets and soft pellets according to the water content of the raw materials during granulation. The hard pellets added with water (or steam) during the granulation process. The water content of the raw materials is generally 17% to 18%, and the density is about 1.3g/cm³. The finished product can package, store and transport after cooling. The soft pellet raw material has a water content of more than 30% and generally fed with the processing. It has a density of about 1 g/cm³ and can store and transport after drying.
The produced feed pellet requires uniform shape, moderate hardness, complete surface, less than 5% crumb debris, and water content of the product safely stored below 12%~14%. The pellet diameter varies depending on the feed target.
Storage Of Grass Feed pellets
At present, the proportion of pellet feed in compound feed is gradually increasing. And the quality of pellet feed is one of the main factors affecting feed quality. The pellet feed is rich in nutrients such as fat protein carbohydrates. It is easy to breed microorganisms during storage. Its growth and reproduction not only consumes the nutrients of the feed but also reduces the nutritional value of the feed. And may even produce harmful metabolites, leading to poultry poisoning. Mildewed feed not only seriously affects the palatability and normal growth development of poultry, but also causes secondary poisoning, which is harmful to people’s body. Therefore, the safe storage of pellet feed is particularly important. There are three methods for the safe storage of pelleted feed.
Water content for safe storage
The quality index of pellet feed moisture is the key to ensuring safe storage of pelleted feed. The safe storage water content of pellet feed should generally 11% to 15%. Pay attention to moisture during storage. In the humid regions of the south, the safe storage water content is generally 11% to 12%. In the arid regions in the north, it is 13% to 15%. To ensure that the moisture of the pellet feed does not exceed the standard. It is necessary to control the moisture of the raw material. If the moisture of the raw material exceeds the standard. It must treat before granulation so that the moisture does not exceed the standard. In addition, the quality and amount of steam in the granulation process are also important factors influencing the moisture content of the finished product.
The packaging of pellet feed
The finished pellets should package before storage and transportation, preferably in plastic film, container or suitable material to prevent moisture and mildew during storage and transportation.
In high temperature and humid areas, when processing shaped feed, an appropriate amount of preservative can add. Which is an important measure for safe storage. Commonly used preservatives are formic acid, propionic acid, calcium propionate, sodium propionate, ketomycin, and sodium metabisulfite. Many experiments have proved that calcium propionate as a pellet feed has a better anti-mildew effect and is safe and reliable. Calcium propionate can inhibit the activity of enzymes in the cells, denature the bacterial proteins, and achieve the purpose of preventing mildew. The effect is stable and non-toxic.
Choosing a suitable feed pellet mill and using it properly will significantly improve the quality of the feed. It will soon reflect a benign effect in the production process. If you can further master the technology of pelleting, you can also greatly reduce the cost of materials, thereby increasing profits.
Zhengzhou Fusmar Machinery has expanded business in the whole world. We are dedicated to creating value for all of our customers.